- Academic library collection growth is driven by patron demand and will include new resource types.
- Budget challenges will continue and libraries will evolve as a result.
- Changes in higher education will require that librarians possess diverse skill sets.
- Definition of the library will change as physical space is re-purposed and virtual space expands.
- Demands for accountability and assessment will increase.
- Digitization of unique library collections will increase and require a larger share of resources.
- Explosive growth of mobile devices and applications will drive new services.
- Increased collaboration will expand the role of the library within the institution and beyond.
- Libraries will continue to lead efforts to develop scholarly communication and intellectual property services.
- Technology will continue to change services and required skills.
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Top 10 Academic Library Trends
College and Research Libraries News, June 2010, identified 10 top trends in academic libraries:
Posted by Jackie S, 2.0 project manager at 8:05 AM
Labels: academic libraries, trends
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment